Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring is in the air


It is one of my favorite times on campus and in Ames. No, not spring time exactly or even spring break. My favorite time is anytime that the students are gone. That sounds horrible, but it is so true. It is such a welcome break to have a week off from the 25,000+ students that roam the campus and the community. Everything just slows down. At work I love that I don’t have to plan my bathroom and coffee breaks around the times that classes are getting out. I also love being able to walk to the bookstore without fighting through the crowds-and bonus-no line today! In Ames I love that we can go out to eat, see a movie, and go pretty much anywhere without having to wait in line or struggle to find a parking space. Don’t get me wrong, I love living in a college community for the most part. I just really enjoy a good, long break every now and then and I am really looking forward to May 9th. That will start the beginning of my absolute favorite time in Ames-summer vacation! I can’t wait!!!

No comments: