This past weekend was my 10-year class reunion. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend. I was stuck in a classroom on the Drake campus all day on Saturday and Sunday. Luckily my friends made sure to include me in any possible way that they could…
That’s me in the little tiny picture by the way.
I can’t wait to hear how everyone from BC Class of ’99 is doing ten years after our graduation. Lisa will be stopping by on her way back to Kansas City to fill me in and say hello. Plus, I think she loves an excuse to get back to ISU whenever she can-how convenient that I work on campus.
While my friends were enjoying an evening filled with ‘remember when’, I was enjoying a fun filled weekend of counseling theories, career development, and vocational counseling. Oh joy! At least I have 16 hours of class out of the way for my second summer course. I will be glad to have these two courses out of the way. I have always had a hard time taking summer classes. Summer should be reserved for lazy days at the beach and for traveling. Taking class and working full-time makes it seem like summer doesn’t even exist. Hmmm…so is this what has finally motivated me to go back to school?-it seems pretty likely!
We made the best of my busy schedule by getting a hotel room in Des Moines for the weekend (Thank you Marriott points). That way I wouldn’t have to drive down and back every day and Adam and Harrison could play in the pool. It sounds like they spent every free minute swimming. Emily and Melissa brought Will and Greta over to enjoy some cousin time in the pool. Harrison loved zooming around in Greta's little 'boat'-I think we will have to pick something like this up for him.
We were also right by the airport so Harrison spent a lot of time looking for airplanes with Grandpa Chuck and it finally got him to stop talking about tractors (aka riding lawn mowers), at least for a few days. We celebrated Father’s Day on Saturday night with Chuck, Andrea, and Amy-Harrison was very well behaved. I always get nervous going to places other than Pizza Hut and McDonald’s, but he was a perfect gentleman. He said please and thank you to the waitress and I am positive that he was flirting with her. Every time she walked away he said “come back now” or “see you in a little bit”. I think she liked him too-she didn’t even charge him for his spaghetti. He was all set for a hot date, but we left the restaurant without leaving his number behind (do people even leave their number anymore, or is all of that done by email and an invitation to become a friend on facebook?). It was a very fun way to celebrate Father’s Day and probably ended up being more exciting than anything else I could have come up with. I guess I will stop whining about 16 hours of class-it turned out to be a very nice weekend.
That’s me in the little tiny picture by the way.I can’t wait to hear how everyone from BC Class of ’99 is doing ten years after our graduation. Lisa will be stopping by on her way back to Kansas City to fill me in and say hello. Plus, I think she loves an excuse to get back to ISU whenever she can-how convenient that I work on campus.
While my friends were enjoying an evening filled with ‘remember when’, I was enjoying a fun filled weekend of counseling theories, career development, and vocational counseling. Oh joy! At least I have 16 hours of class out of the way for my second summer course. I will be glad to have these two courses out of the way. I have always had a hard time taking summer classes. Summer should be reserved for lazy days at the beach and for traveling. Taking class and working full-time makes it seem like summer doesn’t even exist. Hmmm…so is this what has finally motivated me to go back to school?-it seems pretty likely!
We made the best of my busy schedule by getting a hotel room in Des Moines for the weekend (Thank you Marriott points). That way I wouldn’t have to drive down and back every day and Adam and Harrison could play in the pool. It sounds like they spent every free minute swimming. Emily and Melissa brought Will and Greta over to enjoy some cousin time in the pool. Harrison loved zooming around in Greta's little 'boat'-I think we will have to pick something like this up for him.
We were also right by the airport so Harrison spent a lot of time looking for airplanes with Grandpa Chuck and it finally got him to stop talking about tractors (aka riding lawn mowers), at least for a few days. We celebrated Father’s Day on Saturday night with Chuck, Andrea, and Amy-Harrison was very well behaved. I always get nervous going to places other than Pizza Hut and McDonald’s, but he was a perfect gentleman. He said please and thank you to the waitress and I am positive that he was flirting with her. Every time she walked away he said “come back now” or “see you in a little bit”. I think she liked him too-she didn’t even charge him for his spaghetti. He was all set for a hot date, but we left the restaurant without leaving his number behind (do people even leave their number anymore, or is all of that done by email and an invitation to become a friend on facebook?). It was a very fun way to celebrate Father’s Day and probably ended up being more exciting than anything else I could have come up with. I guess I will stop whining about 16 hours of class-it turned out to be a very nice weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment