Friday, June 19, 2009

Reiman Gardens

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the Reiman Gardens photo shoot last week. Harrison did such a great job-he was so excited about everything and was in a great mood. The photographer, Jaclyn, basically just chased him around the gardens while he explored the flowers, butterflies, and the dinosaur exhibit. I thought I would spend most of my time trying to get him to do what she needed, but he was so interested in the exhibits that he didn't need any guidance from mom. To my surprise I actually spent the majority of the shoot providing directions and suggestions to the staff member from the Gardens who seemed to have very little experience with children. He was completely clueless on how to interact with a two year old-I found myself saying things like "ask him about the dinosaur", "show him where the teeth are", "kneel down and get on his level". I'm not sure that he would have been able to handle the whole thing if Harrison had been in a grumpy or challenging mood. It was pretty funny that I ended up providing more direction to him than to Harrison. Here are a few of my favorites:





I am so thankful that we had this opportunity. Jaclyn captured so many amazing images for the newsletter, Harrison had a great time with the dinosaurs, and I get professional photos of H for just the price of printing them. A big thank you to my co-workers who asked us to participate.

1 comment:

Stephanie Griffin said...

great photos, Harrison looks like such a big boy!