Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he?

This is Harrison's new favorite thing to recite:
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he?

We jokingly call him Fuzzy Wuzzy in the morning when he wakes up. I don't have a great bed head picture, but you get the idea, the kid has A LOT of hair.
We have been putting off cutting his hair for a very long time. I have trimmed it several times, but neither one of us could bring ourselves to making a big chop. Unfortunately it has just gotten too hot for him to handle. He wakes up in the morning a sweaty mess and playing outside for five minutes makes his whole head soaked. Also, we have gotten a few comments like, "oh, what an adorable little girl". Excuse me he is wearing a blue and red baseball uniform-duh. Anyway, it was time for the big cut.
Dad did the honors as I was a little more emotional about it than expected. I can try to blame it on pregnancy, but I think I would have been sad even if my hormones weren't out of control right now. About half way through the hair cut, the clippers died. For about an hour Harrison looked like Edward Scissorhands had gotten a hold of him and created a new style. I don't have a great picture of it, he would not look sit still for a picture of his unique hair style-you can kind of get an idea from this picture of Adam cutting his hair with the new clippers.

And here he is...all ready for summer. Fuzzy Wuzzy with no hair.


He looks too grown up. It is going to take me awhile to get adjusted to his new look. It just makes him look so much older that it frightens me. He seems to like it-he looked in the mirror and laughed and then said "Where'd my hat go".

4 comments:

Stephanie Griffin said...

Oh my goodness, he looks like such a big boy with his haircut!!! He's so darn cute :)

The Melhus Family said...

He does look older now! But I love the new hair cut. Adam did a great job!

Eric and Karen said...

oh my goodness....who is that boy?!?! He's looks so much older! It's adorable....or should I say handsome?

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! He looks sooooo much different! I can't wait to see him this weekend! :)

Melissa