Friday, August 7, 2009

Some guys have all the luck

This week has seemed to drag on more than any other week that I can remember, and a dreary Friday certainly isn’t helping. I think maybe it has something to do with my problem this week to complete anything in a timely manner. For example, I finally get around to the task I dread most at work, {shriek} accounting, and of course the ISU accounting system is down. I mean, come on! I hate accounting work more than anything else in life and the day that I finally decide to get around to my piles (and piles) of junk, the system goes down? Seriously, that just doesn’t seem fair. It seems like everything I try to accomplish this week causes me to encounter some sort of delay. Unexpected road work that wasn’t there the day before (seriously, could you put up a sign that maybe the road won’t be there tomorrow), shopping around for the best deal only to learn that it was at the store that I started with (Really Lowe’s? The one time you don’t have to suck at life), and basically anytime I want to do anything on the computer something is slow, being updated, or experiencing maintenance issues for the day (AAAAUUGGHHH). I am happy to know that I have t-minus four hours until I can get out of my chair for the last time this week and kiss this office goodbye for a few days. It also helps to know that this week hasn’t been a drag for everyone-Adam got to come home from his business trip a day early, someone brought in yummy treats to the office for no apparent reason, and when he ran out of deodorant on Wednesday morning a free sample arrived in the mail that evening. I can only hope for my own lucky streak for next week-I’m counting on you free samples of chocolate and ice cream; please don’t let me down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish you all of the luck in the world this week. your stripes turned out perfectly as well as i could see!?

have a better week! love you!

annie