Lesson learned-complain about other people getting free stuff and free stuff will come to you. Oh…maybe that is not the lesson that I was supposed to learn. I had to laugh yesterday when I got an email from three businesses, Cold Stone Creamery, Dairy Queen, and Baskin Robins-all offering me free ice cream. Why am I so special-why because a few months ago I went to every single website that offers birthday freebies and registered for their email clubs-I know, who has time for that? I am so glad that I did because now I have three free ice cream treats just for me. So remember boys and girls, ask and you shall receive or maybe it’s more like, waste a bunch of time on-line and you shall receive.
I had a doctor’s appointment today for a routine baby check-up. I am at 35 weeks now-that means only five weeks to go. There has been a little concern about my weight gain and today did not do anything to make up for that. I am still not gaining weight, but am measuring correctly for my due date so I guess it’s not as big of a deal as I thought. The doctor suggested that I should eat more peanut butter-I found it hilarious that she would suggest peanut butter so when I chuckled and explained she suggested almond butter. She also advised that I eat plenty of cake and ice cream on my birthday and I smiled just thinking about my three free ice cream treats (anyone know where a Baskin Robins is?). I guess as long as I am measuring properly they are no longer concerned that I haven’t gained weight in the past two months-in fact I think I have a total loss of two pounds over the past two months. We also learned conclusively today that the baby is in a head down position-what a relief. I had been trying not to worry about this, but it’s hard not to think of all of the complications that can occur when a baby won’t turn the right way-one less thing to worry about! Overall I came away from the appointment feeling very good about everything and looking forward to obeying Doctor’s orders and having an extra scoop or two of ice cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad your appointment went well, I can't believe you only have 5 weeks to go!!!! I'm also happy to hear you sound more relaxed about the weight issue :) Enjoy your day today and LOTS of ice cream!!!
Post a Comment