Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Waiting Game

I promised myself that I wouldn't get hung up on the three weeks early date-which was August 24th by the way. Because Harrison completely caught us off guard by arriving so early I have been keeping this date in mind-just in case. I have been trying really hard not to think that the baby would come this early, but at the same time I just want to be prepared. I actually felt a moment of relief when I woke up this morning and had made it past the three weeks early date-now it's just a waiting game I suppose.

Adam and I were sprung into organizational action over the weekend. At my appointment last week my midwife took one look at me and said she would be surprised to see me at my next appointment, it is scheduled for Friday, August 28th. Little Emby 2 had really dropped in the last week or so and she seems to think he will be arriving pretty soon. Of course, this triggered my 'nesting' response (aka...obsessive compulsive response) and now we are truly ready for a baby at anytime. I wasn't going to tell anyone what my midwife had said, but it was just too tempting not to put it out there and see if she is right. The only problem now is that everyone seems to be pretty anxious about it. I have gotten numerous texts and phone messages asking if he is here yet, and whenever I call my dad he seems disappointed to hear from me instead of Adam-who would be calling to report when Emby 2 makes his arrival (just kidding Dad-I know you are glad to hear from me too). The best part about all of this is that I have made it to 37 weeks which means that he is full term-it also means that you are welcome to make your appearance at any time now little
_ _ _ _ _.

How your baby's growing:

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

1 comment:

andrea laug said...

oh, just tell me the name!

ha ha, i can wait. i guess.

seriously, i think it would be funny if i were out of town when this one arrives as well... i'm leaving next week for new york. i was in florida when harry was born!