Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thomas the Train

Harrison absolutely loves trains. He and Adam go about twice each week on a 'marathon walk' to see the trains going by in Ames. They usually manage to see about five trains every Saturday morning on their long walks. Last week I picked them up at Lowe's after their train hike-for those of you unfamiliar with Ames that's nearly six miles from our house. As long as there are trains along the way Harrison will let Adam push him around for hours. Thomas the Train is also a favorite. I read at least three Thomas stories a day and spend countless hours setting up the train set and driving them back and forth. Thomas made a stop recently in Boone and so we decided to check it out with Melissa, Jeff and Will (Will is also a big Thomas fan!).

T
Thomas pulls into the station in Boone


Adam and Harrison pose with Thomas-we could have paid $25 for a picture on the platform by Thomas, but I think this shot is just as good and much cheaper!


On the train-we were able to ride in on of Thomas' coaches, Harrison was very excited. Vance slept the whole time which I was very thankful for-there was a creepy man behind Adam so I was crossing my fingers that I wouldn't have to feed him during the ride.


Melissa was well prepared for the down time prior to the train leaving the station. We had to get on right away to get our seats together, but it was a little too much time to sit still for two little boys. Luckily Melissa packed coloring books, and snacks! I wish I would learn to be ready for anything.


There were also lots of other activities at the train station. You could visit Sir Topham Hat and get your picture taken (again for $20), but we opted for the free choices. Harrison and Will both had fun with all of the mini train sets. Imagine about 30-40 kids running around a big tent with about 10 train sets available. It was crazy, but fun! We decided it was time to go when Will and Harrison both started hording trains-Will can carry about five engines at once-hilarious!!!







2 comments:

Stephanie Griffin said...

Awww, I LOVE the family photo!!!! Glad Vance cooperated for you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't see this posting until now. Cute pictures! We had fun that day... until Will cried the entire way home. He kept saying "choo choo", in a very sad voice. And yes, you are right-- he is a hoarder! :)

Melissa