Friday, January 9, 2009

I must be crazy


I decided today that I am going to pick up some open shifts at ACCESS for some extra cash-that will go directly towards our beautiful new bathroom. I worked at ACCESS for two and a half years as a domestic and sexual violence advocate and left because I needed a break from the emotionally demanding work. I have been at ISU for almost a year now and am really missing the meaningful work that I did as an advocate. It may sound crazy, but I am actually looking forward to it. I will be taking a few overnight shifts each month whenever they need help-probably on the weekends. Hopefully I will be able to get a little sleep each night and then it won't be so bad! The best part is that it will be up to me as to how many shifts I take each month. That means that if I get busy with school or if we want to take a trip that I can politely decline their offer that month.

Stay tuned to hear how long I last:)

No comments: