Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blueberries

It is driving me bananas not being able to tell anyone that I am expecting. I just want to scream it out-I have been tempted to tell complete strangers just so I can talk about it already. It doesn’t make sense to start saying anything yet-I haven’t even been to the Dr., but it just seems so much harder this time around to keep my mouth shut. I have been spending a ton of time on Baby Center which is a website completely devoted to neurotic parents who have to read every single thing about their pregnancy and baby. I Love It! Here is what is says for this week and a beautiful picture of the little blob:


How your baby's growing:
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point. Technically, your baby is still considered an embryo and has something of a small tail, which is an extension of his or her tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks, but that's the only thing getting smaller. Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long,
about the size of a blueberry.


So, this got me thinking about blueberries and how even the very large blueberries are still very, very small. Blueberries are also Harrison’s favorite food-darn it, now I am going to have to go grocery shopping tonight.

No comments: