Seriously! No, I mean it…Seriously!!! I can’t believe that I almost ran out of gas again. Again, that’s right. I probably have the record for most times of running on empty. I have run out of gas on Lincoln Way in Ames, on a gravel road in Benton County, on I-80, and the worst-on 1st Ave. in Cedar Rapids while pulling into the gas station. That one was bad-two random guys had to push my car out of the traffic back-up that was caused by me. So, you think I would learn my lesson and check how much fuel I have before leaving town. You would think! This time I lucked out. I realized I was under the empty mark in time to get to a gas station, but this time the problem was-No purse. So, there I was at Kum and Go right by Drake in Des Moines with no gas and no money. I knew that I did not have enough fuel to make it anywhere else and I was pretty sure I couldn’t get away with a drive-off. To make things worse I really needed to get to class! I hate being late, and I really hate being late on the first day. Luckily I have family in Des Moines. Amy was my hero of the night and came to rescue me at the gas station. She has stopped off after student teaching to run some errands and was still in Des Moines, I was so happy that she hadn’t started on her way back to Ames yet. Thank you for saving the day and don’t worry I already checked my car for today-full tank.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Out of Gas...
Seriously! No, I mean it…Seriously!!! I can’t believe that I almost ran out of gas again. Again, that’s right. I probably have the record for most times of running on empty. I have run out of gas on Lincoln Way in Ames, on a gravel road in Benton County, on I-80, and the worst-on 1st Ave. in Cedar Rapids while pulling into the gas station. That one was bad-two random guys had to push my car out of the traffic back-up that was caused by me. So, you think I would learn my lesson and check how much fuel I have before leaving town. You would think! This time I lucked out. I realized I was under the empty mark in time to get to a gas station, but this time the problem was-No purse. So, there I was at Kum and Go right by Drake in Des Moines with no gas and no money. I knew that I did not have enough fuel to make it anywhere else and I was pretty sure I couldn’t get away with a drive-off. To make things worse I really needed to get to class! I hate being late, and I really hate being late on the first day. Luckily I have family in Des Moines. Amy was my hero of the night and came to rescue me at the gas station. She has stopped off after student teaching to run some errands and was still in Des Moines, I was so happy that she hadn’t started on her way back to Ames yet. Thank you for saving the day and don’t worry I already checked my car for today-full tank.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment