Thursday, April 9, 2009

17 weeks

Well, it is official. People can tell that I am pregnant just by staring at my belly. One of the faculty members in my building noticed today, he said "Hey, congratulations" and pointed at my stomach. I don't mind, but am always surprised at people who are so brave to assume that a woman is pregnant. Then I love how some people think they can tell how far along I am by how big my belly is. Just for a comparison at this time with Harrison I did NOT look pregnant. I'm pretty sure that I was pretty whiny about it too, this time around there is not question that I am. It just goes to show that size doesn't indicate the progress at all. He was way off by the way...he thought I was due in July, I guess I really do look big already:)

How your baby's growing:


Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope H2 doesn't look like a turnip! But, I guess I'd still love him if he does. (I'm pretty sure it's a boy.)

Stephanie Griffin said...

Crazy, you need to post some pics of your adorable prego belly :)