Friday, April 3, 2009

Heartrate 140

I know there is no truth to the myth that you can determine a baby's gender by the heart rate, but it sure is fun to try to guess. According to the myth a lower heart rate is usually a boy and a higher heart rate is a girl. I had the 16 week check-up today and the heart rate is 140-which is low. This is also what Harrison's heart rate was pretty much the whole time. So, according to this old wives tale the baby will be a boy.

Here's another fun one. You go to this link....http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html and then you cross check the age of the mother and the month of conception. According to this handy dandy Chinese Lunar Calendar, the baby is a boy. I also checked to see if it was right about Harrison-it was.

I am up for any ideas on how to guess the sex. Anyone know of any other ways to try to guess? I'll try any reasonable suggestions! We will be finding out on May 6th, but that still seems like a long time from now. We had a lot of fun last time when we waited to be surprised, but honestly I am just not that patient anymore. Plus, I don't want to have to look through the entire baby name book-cutting it in half will be AWESOME!

3 comments:

Eric G. said...

Your Great Grandma told me once that what ever way your head board faced determined the sex when the bay was conceived. North Boy South Girl, east Boy west girl is how I remember the story.

Anonymous said...

this is so much fun!

i voted twice already for a boy on your poll... i'm pretty sure it will be another little dude. i think that my gender guessing has been right on for harry, will, and greta so far, so let's see if i can be right a 4th time!!!

nlaug said...

It would be North...i guess that is another tally for boy.