Water Water Everywhere
Water Near and Far
Water in the basement
Water in the yard
Spring is officially here. The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and water is in our basement. We knew it was coming-it happens every year, but it still surprises me every time. The plan was to have our upstairs bathroom done before April showers started, but we are still several weeks away from accomplishing this task. It is getting a lot closer, but with any big project delays are inevitable. Unfortunately, the only way to drain the water out of the basement is to remove our basement shower and let the water run down that drain. If you are keeping track this makes our home a 3 bedroom, 1/4 bath (the 1/4 is the last remaining bathroom fixture-the toilet). Let's hope nothing happens to make it a 0 bath-I am NOT putting a port-a-potty in our yard and I am certainly not digging a hole!
So while there is water, water everywhere none of it is really conducive to me showering at our home. Adam is in South Carolina and Georgia for the week enjoying the luxury of a hot shower-how lucky for him:). Meanwhile I am debating my options.
Option number one: I have always wondered how long it would take for my hair to form dreads, but according to the myths and rumors page at http://www.dreadlocks.com/ it is just a myth that dreadlocks are formed by complete neglect. Apparently you still have to wash them-what's that all about?
Option number two: Find an alternative place to shower/bathe. Too bad we got rid of the pond last summer. Perhaps the garden hose?
Option number three: Continue to shower in the basement-hey it's got water in it anyway. I'll just stand over the drain and I'm sure it won't make too much of a mess.
While I'm mulling it over I'll leave you with the second verse of my little poem (I'd like to thank Baby Einstein for getting this whole thing started)...
Water Water Everywhere
Water beneath the sink
Still no water in the tub
Oh how I need a drink
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOVED your little poem :) I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, I vote for the garden hose ;)
Post a Comment