BOY.
-Finally figured out the scanner at work and was able to add a picture. Sorry it's a little off center-I was in a hurry to get done before everyone came back to the office:)
Harrison will have a little brother in September. I think that Adam is still in a little bit of shock. He was pretty convinced that we were having a girl. I suppose that growing up with five sisters would cause him to assume that he would never have more than one male child. On the other hand I am 2 for 2. I would have been shocked if the baby was a girl-I felt the same way with Harrison. Maybe it's all of the old wives tales that told me it was a boy, but for some reason it just never occurred to me that this baby was a girl. And for those of you who participated in our blog survey 48% of you were also correct (although I know that Andrea voted for boy several times possibly skewing those results:)
A couple of people have asked me how I feel about this. I am very excited! I think it will be fun to have two little guys so close in age, I wonder what my friends with boys will have to say about that:) I do have to admit that I was completely ready to drive to Des Moines tonight and pick up a little dress at Baby Gap if it was a girl, but I'll just have to find a cute little sweater vest to rid myself of the urge to shop. At least I have a niece to buy for.
So, now we are on to the task of finding a name for this little guy. I am thrilled to only have to skim through half of the baby book this time around. 10,000 names is completely overwhelming, but 5,000 seems a little more bearable (a little being the key here). I look forward to vetoing many of Adam's name suggestions, but I'm sure we will find something that we both love. We can't wait to meet you little guy:)
-Finally figured out the scanner at work and was able to add a picture. Sorry it's a little off center-I was in a hurry to get done before everyone came back to the office:) Harrison will have a little brother in September. I think that Adam is still in a little bit of shock. He was pretty convinced that we were having a girl. I suppose that growing up with five sisters would cause him to assume that he would never have more than one male child. On the other hand I am 2 for 2. I would have been shocked if the baby was a girl-I felt the same way with Harrison. Maybe it's all of the old wives tales that told me it was a boy, but for some reason it just never occurred to me that this baby was a girl. And for those of you who participated in our blog survey 48% of you were also correct (although I know that Andrea voted for boy several times possibly skewing those results:)
A couple of people have asked me how I feel about this. I am very excited! I think it will be fun to have two little guys so close in age, I wonder what my friends with boys will have to say about that:) I do have to admit that I was completely ready to drive to Des Moines tonight and pick up a little dress at Baby Gap if it was a girl, but I'll just have to find a cute little sweater vest to rid myself of the urge to shop. At least I have a niece to buy for.
So, now we are on to the task of finding a name for this little guy. I am thrilled to only have to skim through half of the baby book this time around. 10,000 names is completely overwhelming, but 5,000 seems a little more bearable (a little being the key here). I look forward to vetoing many of Adam's name suggestions, but I'm sure we will find something that we both love. We can't wait to meet you little guy:)

5 comments:
Congratulations!!!!! So exciting!!!!
We are so excited! I can't believe we will have 3 new babies in the Holtz clan this year! New little guy will be loved and spoiled by all of us! Although, surely one of you will have a girl this time ...............
Awesome Nikki, Harrison is going to LOVE having a little brother :) I'm so happy for you guys :)
Congrats you three!!! Harrison will be a great big brother!
I was also prepared to unload a bunch of girl clothes on you! Oh well, so excited for another little baby - can't wait to meet him and have everyone play together. I love that they'll be close in age!
Post a Comment