Congratulations Adam!!!!! I am so proud of you. I am just in awe of your dedication over the past month. You managed to run 30 days in a row no matter what else was going on in our lives. I have been so impressed with your positive attitude and commitment. Even when you had a 12 hour travel day you managed to find time to run. I know that you can continue this commitment to a healthier lifestyle and I look forward to helping you meet your goals. I want to take this celebratory moment to share my favorite story from your 30-day challenge. I hope I get this right:)
Adam was traveling to Kansas City for work on day 28 of his 30-day running challenge. In order to get to appointments on time he had to leave our house around 6am. The day was jam packed with donor visits and preparation for a dinner meeting he had with a donor and the Dean for the College of Engineering, Jonathan Wickert. Anyway, by the time that the dinner meeting was over and Adam and Jon were headed back to Ames it was well after 9pm. Jon knew that Adam was trying to run 30 days in a row and expressed concern that they would not make it back to Ames until after midnight. He didn’t want Adam to blow his streak and I’m sure Adam was wondering how he was going to find the motivation to run when he returned home after midnight. At some point during their drive Jon suggested that they stop and get the run in on their way home. So, they did. Adam and the Dean for the College of Engineering stopped in some random small Iowa town at around 10:30pm and started running down the street in their suits and dress shoes. Adam said that they got some very interesting looks from people who were driving by, I am only sad that there was no one around to take a picture. Now that is commitment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, that is so awesome!!!! Tell Adam great job from us, I need to take some inspiration from him....inspiration for running rather than shotgunning of a beer ;)
Post a Comment