I thought for sure Adam would shoot down my nonsense, but he seemed to be on board too. We started thinking about all of the wonderful aspects of pet ownership and how a dog would be great when Adam is gone to help me feel just a little bit more secure. Oh, and Harrison would love a dog, and so would the new baby I’m sure. As you can tell we had completely talked ourselves into it. I even called and started asking questions about her temperament and how she does around kids and cats. We started thinking about how easy it would be to finish off the fence in the backyard to give her room to run and we would now have an excuse to go to the awesome new Ames Dog Park.
Then suddenly last night I was jolted back to reality-WHAT ARE WE DOING? This is the worst idea ever. She may be the most loving, gentle, and perfect dog in the world, but we have no business adopting her. We are having a baby, isn’t that enough chaos for one year. Oh, and our cats already hate each other and fight constantly, I don’t think bringing a new pet into the mix is going to help any of that issue. Plus, she is HUGE. A German Shepherd would be a big dog to have in our house, not to mention that I’m already sick of cleaning up pet hair as it is. Also, adopting a dog is probably a huge expense and we are trying to save up so that I can take a decent maternity leave right now not add to the family even more. So, if there is anyone out there who is actually ready to expand their family with the addition of a beautiful dog-let me know I’ve got plenty of info. on her.

1 comment:
If you REALLY need a dog fix that bad, we can lend you our 10 month old German SHepherd, Zoey. She likes to jump the fence if she isn't on her chain, wake us up at 3 AM because she is apparently lonely, and just went into heat for the first time. She should cure you pretty fast! We love her anyway!
Post a Comment