Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A week without Harrison

This week Adam and I are enjoying a little time to ourselves. Harrison is spending the week with his Grandma and Grandpa Gilson at the cabin in Galena. Grandma and Grandpa are very brave they have both Reese and Harrison for five full days. Do you think that maybe both children will be completely spoiled when they are returned to their parents? Pretty sure the answer is yes! This should give you an idea of what they are up to all week….



The photos are from Memorial Day, but I can guarantee that it’s pretty much the same routine with even better weather this time around. Lots of time at the beach, ride the golf cart, mow the lawn, boat rides, swimming, more golf cart rides, and lots of time with Grandma and Grandpa. We have decided that when we finally arrive on Thursday night that Harrison will probably tell us to “go back” or “go to work”-a common phrase when he doesn’t want to leave to go home. Don’t worry; I still know that he loves me!

Adam and I have taken full advantage of the baby break. We were able to get some work done in the bathroom-thanks to Megan and her friends Chris and Nicole we now have lights-beautiful, wonderful lights-it’s like heaven every time I flip the switch! We went to a movie for the first time in over a year, and have been listening to the television at a completely unreasonable volume. Tonight I should work on homework, but maybe I will have to scrap that plan to just lounge around and do absolutely nothing-that sounds like a much better plan!

Unfortunately Adam thinks that tonight should be reserved for paying bills and catching up with our bookkeeping. He also points out how nice it would be to have the house clean and ready to go for when we return from our mini-vacation this weekend. I guess I won't get much lounging in-so much to do! While I was in class last night, Adam played in a church softball game (Megan went along to watch). After the game, the two of them stopped at Ada Hayden park to jog. They ran around the north loop, roughly 1.4 miles! Yesterday was the 20th day in a row that Adam has gone running. His goal is to get to 30 before taking a day off, just 10 to go. Of course, Harrison is always jealous whenever Adam leaves the house to run. In a sobbing voice, we often hear, “I go running too…”

1 comment:

Stephanie Griffin said...

Enjoy your week, it must be so strange not having Harrison at home! Glad you get some time to yourselves and can't wait to see you in a few weeks :)