Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More fun on the 4th of July

I have to admit that I am very jealous of Harrison. He was able to spend 10 days at the lake with my parents. That is how summer should be! Thank you mom and dad for keeping the boys for the week-I can tell they had a great time. It also worked out nicely for us too-we were able to be there for the family reunion in June and return to pick-up Harrison for the 4th. Can't beat that. The weather wasn't as nice as everyone would have liked, but at least we had one really beautiful Saturday for swimming and beach time.



Harrison at the beach-I'm not sure who this train belongs to-hopefully we returned it to its rightful owners at the end of the day.



Swimming off the dock was a blast. I even braved the cold water to spend time swimming with Harrison (you won't see me in any of these photos though). I was so proud of Harrison-he doesn't get scared when his face gets wet and he loves blowing bubbles. Adam and I were nervous about swimming off the dock with him, but it worked out really well. I'm sure I swam off the dock when I was two, but from a parent's perspective it is a very intimidating thing to think about.

Great Grandpa and Grandma Gilson were able to visit for a day. I think they have Grandpa wrapped around their little fingers. Look at this game that they made up. He looks happy to catch and return the ball to Harrison-I hear this went on for a long time:)

It was a little cool the day that they were visiting so luckily Reese had an extra jacket for Harrison (I am terrible at packing). Oh...and I just love this hat, I need to make a point to get some better shots of him in it before he gets too big.


And here we are on the boat watching the fireworks. Looks like Harrison is enjoying a can of Old Milwaukee with his Uncle Dean-I think he helped drive home that night too-shame on him. Harrison loved the fireworks, however, he did not enjoy when I would say "ooohhh" and "ahhh". Everytime I said anything he would respond "Mommy stop now, please!" I guess he prefers to enjoy his fireworks in absolute silence. Now if only he would listen to me when I say "Harrison stop now, please" I'm sure that will take years!


No comments: