For Adam's 25th birthday I organized a huge surprise party-and it was quite the celebration. For his 30th we planned a trip to the zoo. Wow~what a difference five years makes. A very different type of celebration! We had thought about going to the Omaha Zoo for the weekend, but decided that it would be a lot more fun to skip the long drive and just stay in Des Moines. We used a few Marriott points so that we could still spend a few nights away from home and we were able to find plenty to do over the weekend. I had to go to a conference on Friday for one of my summer classes so Adam and Harrison spent the day together at the Science Center. Of course they had an absolute blast! On Saturday we started early by getting to the zoo right as it opened. Harrison loved the turtles, the peacock that just wandered around the park, and of course the TRAIN! We were wishing that the train ride was a little longer because he could have done that all day.

Checking out the turtles with Dad

Not quite ready to get off the train
Fascinated with the giraffes
After the zoo we were back at the hotel for naps and then spent the afternoon with Troy and Lori for Charlie's first birthday party. There were plenty of kids Harrison's age there to keep him entertained and we loved the chance to see so many of our friends. After the party we raced to the Iowa Cubs game to meet up with Adam's family and catch the end of the game. When looking back on Adam's birthday I can't believe that we managed to cram all of that into one day-plus swimming at the hotel of course. I think for my birthday I will be fine with a quiet night at home, oh and maybe some ice cream from Hickory Park!
No comments:
Post a Comment