Friday, December 18, 2009

Telling secrets

Harrison likes to tell secrets now-he thinks it’s so fun to whisper in my ear and tell me his ‘secret’. The only problem is he hasn’t quite figured out how it works yet. Yesterday he said “mommy, I tell you a secret” and he grabbed my head and turned it away from him. Then he proceeded to turn his head away from me-so our ears were touching-and whisper his secret. Of course I couldn’t hear him like this, but he was adamant that this is how you tell secrets. This morning he had another secret for me. This time, with a little help, he was able to actually whisper in my ear, but he was so quiet that I couldn’t hear him at all. It reminds me of playing telephone with my cousins in the cabin basement-no one ever gets the message right by the end. After several attempts to tell me he finally yelled out-I love you mommy! That is a nice ‘secret’!

No comments: