Sunday, December 13, 2009
What's in a name
Harrison really likes the song that goes "That's not my name, that's not my name", etc. His aunt Amy has it has her cell phone ring-I'm not even sure what it is really called, but he loves it. He sings it over and over and thinks it's funny if you call him the wrong name so then he can say "That's not my name". He also likes to dance to it-crazy dancing-so funny! I have really been enjoying his goofiness until today I called him Harrison and he said "That's not my name". Then he told me that I should call him Harry, and he was dead serious! I knew that when we named him Harrison that he would want to be called Harry someday, I figured he would be about 12 not 2. It's not that I don't like Harry, in fact it's pretty cute, but I just wasn't ready for him to have a preference about what I call him. I called him Harry all day today, I forgot a few times and he made sure to remind me:) I guess I will go along with what he wants-he'll probably forget about it by tomorrow anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
They call me hell, they call me Stacy, they call me her, they call me Jane! That's not my name! That's not my name!
If he's anything like he was over Thanksgiving, he'll have a few different names for himself by the end of the week:)
Also, I think he wants to be called "Harry" because I'm not around to do it... :)
Post a Comment