Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Morning Madness

Unbelievable! I was able to make it to work on time every single morning while Adam was gone. Sure, I had to wake up at 5:30am every morning, but we managed to do it. Now why is it that when Adam is here that we can’t seem to make it on time? I think we must assume that with two people you can get things done faster, but the truth is it doesn’t speed up the kids’ routine at all. Vance still has to eat, Harrison has to use the bathroom and brush his teeth, and they both need to get dressed. I guess we need to learn that we still need to wake up at 5:30am even when we are both around to tackle the morning madness. It doesn’t help that we have to put on all of the winter gear too. So far I have not been able to successfully put on Harrison’s hat and mittens on the same day. This morning he was so excited about the snow so I bundled him up and let him play on the back deck while I was changing Vance. It was so much fun watching him out the window. He was so timid at first and then I could tell he really wanted to run out in the yard, but he was a good boy and stayed on the deck like I had asked him to. How fun to be experiencing snow for the first time (I know he played in it last year, but he doesn’t remember it). Only problem with this scene was that after about five minutes I looked out and realized that I had sent him out without gloves-it’s 12 degrees today-I felt terrible. His poor hands were so cold and red. Just when I think I have it all together I go and forget something so critical-oh well, he seems just fine now and maybe it will help me to remember them from now on.

No comments: