Today I learned that in a pinch I can type a paper while rocking Vance to sleep. He is also good at sitting on my lap on the floor while I type-if I talk to him about what I am writing he even seems a little interested. I figured if I can type a paper for class then surely I can get a blog entry in today.
This week has been crazy! It seems like it should be less hectic since I didn't work on Monday or on Friday, but the irregularity of my current (temporary) schedule is making things challenging right now. Tuesday and Thursday were hard days-I worked or was at school from 7:30am-about 8 or 9pm. Last night I had to ride the bus home from work-challenges of having only one family car-so that made it even later than I had anticipated. The part-time work for ISU is temporary, but this week made me question my decision to stay on. I'm sure it will get easier as we adjust to the new schedule. What makes it bad this week is that I go to class tonight from 5-10 and tomorrow from 8-5. It doesn't really seem like I have gained any time with the boys. Just gotta keep truckin' along for now.
We did have a great day at home today! Harrison is in our bedroom trying NOT to take a nap-at least he's lying down. Our big excitement of the day was trying to dry seeds like we did in the fall with the pumpkin seeds. I obviously didn't pay attention at all when Adam made them-typical. Harrison and I got them ready, stuck them in the oven and went on to something else. A little while later Harrison said "oh no, there is some smoke". Sure enough, I had completely burnt the seeds and the kitchen was filling up with smoke. After I cleaned up a bit and aired out the house, Harrison became fascinated with the burnt seeds-he still wanted to eat them, but then when he actually took a look at them he changed his mind. I assured him we would try to make seeds again-some other day-when the burnt smell is gone-and when Daddy is home. I'm sure Daddy will hear all about it the second he walks in the door, maybe multitasking isn't always a good idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment