Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sticker Chart

I have finally made a sticker/reward chart for Harrison to try to move this potty training thing along. We were doing so well while I was on maternity leave and then the whole thing just fell apart. Today I introduced him to the idea of the reward chart. He gets a sticker on his chart every time he uses the bathroom and after five stickers he gets a prize. I put together a prize basket and let him have a "sneak peek" to try to help with the motivation. Today he was able to get two stickers. I am very proud of him for trying so hard-today was the longest he has ever sat there to try and go. He is highly motivated by one of the prizes, a giant marshmallow on a stick. He talked about it all day. Hopefully he gets excited about some of the other prizes too so that this will work. I'm going to have to get creative about what to put in there to keep it new and exciting for him. Cross your fingers for me-buying diapers for two is getting a bit ridiculous.

No comments: