Friday, January 22, 2010

Oversharer

Writing a blog is more difficult than I had imagined it would be. I find myself spending way too much time thinking about what I should write about and what I should keep to myself. I really don’t want to be labeled an ‘oversharer’. I tend to lean towards sharing less personal stuff about me and focusing more on the kids, which I promise to try to do more often! However, yesterday was one of those days that I feel must be shared. So, call me an oversharer if you will, tell me it’s TMI, or even *gasp* leave me a comment to share your thoughts-here it goes.

This whole issue is all about supply and demand. Demand is way, way up and supply is, well let’s just say it’s down. I’m talking about milk. Breast milk to be exact. I have in my household one very hungry baby. I just can’t seem to keep up. For the past two weeks I have spent my lunch hour running milk to the babysitter so that she has enough to get through the afternoon. This was my plan for yesterday too. Pump in the morning, deliver milk, pump in the afternoon, deliver milk-it sounds like the schedule at any well run dairy farm. However, yesterday when I went into my secluded pumping room and got ready to put together the pump instead of pump equipment I found a bag of stinky, poopy, NASTY baby clothes. Really? Had I really grabbed a bag of dirty laundry instead of the bag of pump equipment-it sure looked that way. So, here’s how the rest of my morning transpired:
-call Adam in desperation to get car keys, no answer
-email Adam, still no answer
-stalk Adam’s calendar, crap he’s in a meeting until noon
-catch a ride with my boss over to Adam’s building-hoping and praying that the keys are in his office
-run up the stairs to the 3rd floor-THANK YOU ADAM-the keys are on his desk
-walk very quickly to our car, not too fast it’s still terribly icy
-drive home to get pump equipment and return stinky laundry, no time to wash it now-hungry baby to worry about
-drive back to work, park illegally-who cares about a $20 ticket right now
-seclude myself once again in order to pump-Ahhhh…relief
-run out to the car-no ticket-hallelujah
-drive to the babysitter, run inside, drop off milk
-peel Harrison from my leg, promise him that I’ll see him soon
-drive back to work, find a meter parking spot close to my building
-back at my desk-make sure to get up in 30 minutes to plug the meter
-go home for lunch-finally the morning is over

No comments: