Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sleep baby sleep

Last night wasn't so bad. Vance woke up at 2am, ate, and went back to sleep. Both boys were up around 5:45am and ready for the day. Compared to other nights that we have had lately-I'll take it. Getting ready in the morning would be a lot easier if they would sleep until 7am, but this is acceptable-for now. The problem with Harrison getting up early is that he is still sleepy and very needy of our attention. Adam and I aren't exactly morning people. We tend to get up at the last possible second and scramble to get out the door on-time. Any delay makes one or both of us late for work. I never remember to add in time for all the delays that happen when you have a two year old and a four month old.

This morning it was Harrison's desire to actually sit on the potty. I knew he didn't have to go. I knew that he knew that I would drop everything and give him my full attention if he said the word potty. And that's exactly what happened, he sat there while I sang him songs about the potty chair, and read him magazines, and talked about what a big boy he is. He didn't go. We didn't make it to work on time. Oh well, that's how it goes some days. At least we had fun making up songs about going potty-that's gotta count for something.

1 comment:

Stephanie Griffin said...

Bella desperately tries to lengthen the before bed rituals now by telling us constantly she needs to potty! :) It made me smile seeing Harrison uses "potty" for the extra attention. Bella is potty trained, but still wears a diaper at night, now that she understands she NEEDS us to go potty in the dark it's a constant yell for us whenever she wakes up in the middle of the night, and NO pee in the potty. They are so smart!!